Friday, September 29, 2017

VSBN September 2017 - Birthdays

How appropriate, seeing today is my brother's 45th birthday.  I could not have planned this any better.  Happy birthday to my favorite brother!

We, as a family, celebrate several family members' birthdays in the fall months.  My own birthday is in October!   Plus my niece, my sister in law, my great nephew, my brother (today!), some of my cousins, some of my aunts and my husband all have fall birthdays.  Whew!

C - Birthdays.  The challenge was to scrap a series of photos taken at a birthday celebration, pocket page style.  


These photos were taken last year at the birthday cookout for the September birthdays.  But Timmy, my brother's grandson, was the guest of honor.    


Here's the left hand page.  Snapshots of the guests and some of the gifts.  A quilt for Timmy, made by his great granny.  It was during my inaugural trip to Hobby Lobby with Mom, that she bought some of the fabric that was used in this quilt.  There's Timmy opening the card I made for him during the 2016 "Dare to Get Dirty" over on SCS.  Every year I participate, I do make the birthday cards for our September birthdays.  Then there's the "cool boots".  Pretty sure those were "cool boots".  Living on a farm, I like rain boots / muck boots.  They are essential.  Pretty sure Granddad has rain boots, but I"m positive they aren't "cool boots", they are just plain ole muck boots.  


Here's the right hand page.  It features the food.  It's all about the food.  My brother decides to plop into my lap.  And that was a great photo op.   

What a fun day.  We do it every year.  It's become a tradition.  

Pocket pages are a great way to scrap a ton of photos quickly.  Pocket page scrapping was made popular by Becky Higgins with Project Life, which typically features one photo a day presented in weekly two page spreads.  Other pocket page projects in which I participate include Ali Edwards inspired projects such as December Daily, Day in the Life and Week in the Life.  I don't scrap chronologically, I scrap what I feel like.  And this year, I began to mix pocket pages with traditional 12 x 12 pages in my scrapbooks - this is one of such pages.  This is one of the things about not scrapping chronologically, new ideas are incorporated into older books / photos, making the books more interesting.  Pocket pages come in a wide variety of configurations and are not limited to 12 x 12; they also come in a wide variety of sizes such as 6 x 8, 4 x 6 and 4 x 4.  So many to choose from.  My go-to 12 x 12 pocket page style is Style A, which is the style of the right hand page.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a moo'valous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment