Monday, October 2, 2017

VSBN September 2017 - Holidays

Happy October!  I'm working my way through the nine challenges presented for Virtual Scrapbook Night (VSBN) September 2017.  Today's focus is on HOLIDAYS.  How many holidays there are in your fall depends on when you start your fall and your personal fall season.  There are those traditional fall holidays - Halloween and Thanksgiving.  There's also Election Day (and yep, you can scrap election day!).  Or Veteran's Day.  What fall holidays do YOU celebrate?  

D - Holidays.  The challenge is to scrap a fall holiday.  Include more than one patterned paper on the page.  Moo've out of your comfort zone and mix and match patterned papers, don't just grab a paper pack.  


So much fun stuff on this page!  Much of these products are favorites and oldies from my stash.  The patterned paper is from two different SU! Halloween paper packs.  Pretty sure I bought every Halloween paper pack they put out during the time I was a SU! demonstrator.  I have no idea which two - I could probably figure it out - because all my Halloween paper is in one fat 12 x 12 envelope!  It's a little mixed up - but hey! - it all coordinates.  The title was created with SU! Tidy Alpha.  It's so fun & easy to create titles using this alpha stamp set - just stamp and trim.  DYMO label buddy - creates quick captions for photos, taking up very little space.  Tags - perfect for journaling.  And a doily.   A skull rub-on and scattered gold coins rub-ons complete the page.  Those rub-ons were old and, boy, did I have to rub to get them off the backing.  But, they're still good.  

The photos are favorite shots from our First Annual Halloween Luncheon held at work.  Of course, it's my first Halloween working there.  LOL.  I've always wanted to wear a costume to work on Halloween.  We had spooky food and wound up with two kinds of chili, among other yummy goodies.  It was a fun time.  I was the ONLY adult in costume.  And it was a HOT day!  It was so hot, I couldn't wear my leather pirate coat inside and had to roll up my sleeves.  Pretty sure parents took their kiddos trick or treating in shorts.  It was a unseasonably warm day.  

Already, planning is in progress for the Second Annual Halloween Luncheon.  

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a moo'valous day!



No comments:

Post a Comment