Thursday, September 28, 2017

VSBN September 2017 - Pumpkins

Pumpkins are the ultimate fall "thing".  It's not fall without pumpkins.  Everything is pumpkin.  Sometimes it's a bit too much.  Pumpkin spice in chocolate?  That's a crime.  Pumpkin spice creamer, on the other hand, is something I look forward to every year!  I buy it by the case!  Cause it keeps until late December, even into January!  I check the expiration dates.  And stockpile it in the shop fridge and the house fridge and the work fridge. 

Whether we eat, decorate or carve pumpkins, nothing screams fall like pumpkins.  Of course, there are the changing leaves, but we don't have one tree on our farm.  Truth.  I don't miss picking up limbs or raking leaves.  I had enough of that sort of thing growing up.  I get to enjoy the change of the leaves around the country side.  I digress.  Pumpkins make me smile.  

Now on to the challenge.

B - Pumpkins.  How about those beautiful shades of orange with pops of green?  What about those white Cinderella pumpkins?  Beautiful.  This challenge is to create a page featuring pumpkins or a page inspired by pumpkins.  It can be the item itself, a pumpkin recipe or the colors.  Moo've out of your comfort zone by going BIG with the photo or title or both!  


So many things I love about this page!  The memories of that visit, the colors, the title, those gold foam Thickers.  (sigh)


This could be a Halloween moon.  Another demonstration of how to go BIG and create a great statement page for display.   Look at all the gold!  I love those gold chipboard letters!  There were only 26.  LOL.  How many words can we make out of just 26 letters.  Pat, I need to buy a vowel pack.  (wink)  Plus the R, S, T, L and N.  I've learned to enjoy those products of which I have limited amounts, rather than purchase more, wish I had more or "save for that special project".  

Going BIG with the photo or title is one of my favorite ways to create a statement page.  These pages usually find a place to hang on the salon wall in my living room.  

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a moo'valous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment