Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Wheel Power

I purchased a sheet of designer paper from the Studio Calico's HERE and THERE collection for a specific purpose.   It feels so good to use it! 


Bicycle paper!  The paper is quite busy.  I used handbook inserts (Last Call - sale!) and three sheets from the HERE and THERE 6 x 6 pad.  I used a sketch from the TOOLBOX Classroom over @ Studio Calico, but the sketch was larger than my photo would allow, so I matted the "sketch" on the chocolate chip! 
 
When I get all the paper down, I have to get out my 12 cup muffin pan and my wood veneer storage box and GO TO TOWN dropping things on the layout!  I knew I wanted to use the wood veneer bikes...and oh...look @ those arrows...I can make a bike trail!  And I have to add sequins.  I now have a sequin is-shoe.  I put sequins on everything!  ahem.


I decided to do some stitching as well, enhancing the "air waves".  LOL.  Maybe that's wind.  The handbook inserts are thick to pierce and stitch through.  I used three strands of black DMC floss.  I'm learning more and more about stitching on paper; practice makes perfect! 


I love the banner & the hot air balloon and the cut out air waves, I mean wind.  Love the colors - turquoise, pumpkin pie, light blue, chocolate chip! 


I love that kiddo sitting on the bike.  He was almost 10.  He learned to ride his motorcycle when he was almost six.  Years later, he learned to ride a bicycle with no motor.  And I wonder why he likes motorized things.  LOL.
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a moo'valous day!

3 comments:

  1. So cute, Melissa! So much going on here and all of it is good! Great picture, first off! Then you know I love your cloud paper. The stitching and wood veneers are also pretty freakin' awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Melissa! I love your stitching on the wave/wind. It adds dimension and texture helping them to stand out. Love the banner paper and all the wonderful details in the layout too. Thanks so much for leaving your sweet comments on my cards in my gallery. They are very much appreciated. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete