Thursday, August 29, 2013

VERVE Happiness

I participated in the week long stamp boot camp...I mean the annual Dare to Get Dirty 2013 for the Fan Club members over on SplitCoastStampers!  I won a prize.  Actually, I won TWO prizes.  One was an extension of my Fan Club membership.  The second was a VERVE gift certificate.  I was a VERVE virgin.  Was. 

It took me a week or so to decide what to get.  VERVE is totally different from any other stamps I have.  That's not bad.  That's expanding ya horizons.  Gettin' outta ya box.  Stuff like that.  Along the way, I found a stamp or two or three that reflect my philosophy on life.  Things like "life is a journey, not a destination."  I think I need that made into a stamp.  I digress.

I found this:  "Happiness is found along the way - not at the end of the road."  Sol Gordon.  Perfect. 

I used this week's SCS sketch, flipped; more SC Marks & Co plus stash!  I love the boldness of the orange...and the seafoam green.  I made a PL card; I believe I'm gonna use this as a reminder / motivator for myself...tack it up in a place where I will see it and remember. 

Let me show you how my order arrived. 
Um...HELLO, sparkles!
The invoice is on the inside of this folded card! 
My PRIZE!  These were the items I selected.
 Let me show you what I made again.  ;-)


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a moo'valous day!

9 comments:

  1. gorgeous card!!!! I love Verve! I don't have a whole lot but I do love them and isn't their packaging sweet! your card is stunning!!! Beautiful font on the "Happiness".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous card! I LOVE the blue with the orange...it's high on my list of favorite color combos. Congrats on your wins and YAY on your order arriving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Great sentiment. Love the colors and design!

    Chercher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! I still haven't picked out my prize!!! You are motivating me to go look & git er done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bee-you-tiful!!! So gorgeous!!! Congrats on the win and on the feature!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty! Love the banners and beautiful bow! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! And great stuff, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely card. Love the use of patterned paper, one of my favorite techniques. Beesmom at Splitcoast

    ReplyDelete