Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Good Luck Soup

...black eyed pea soup...without the ham hock!  {wink} 


I found this recipe in the News Enterprise back in December 2000. We've had this every New Year's Eve and New Year's Day since. I will either dump it all in the crockpot or I will use my stockpot on the stove. I serve this with corn muffins. Leftovers can be put in the freezer or eat the next day. I think the leftovers are more flavorful than the original.  Many times I use precooked crumbled bacon - the real stuff, not the imitation chips. 

And, yep...I'm still chipping away at the Provo Craft Slab #10.  I even have a drawer dedicated to the Provo Craft Slab Project.  Complete with accessories & embellishments.  It's very convenient to have it all in one place and it keeps me chipping along.  I'm loving these retro colors & designs.  I made this page several months ago.  (HERE)  I think I like it much better with the recipe and the titling. 

Whatcha think?  Are you going to be trying this recipe for New Years?

SUPPLIES
Stamps: Compliments to the Chef
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White, Provo Craft Super Slab #10
Ink: Old Olive Classic
Accessories: Old Olive brads, SU! Stampin Dimensionals, SU! New Label Punch, SU! Felt Flowers (Old Olive), SU! Buttons, SU! Linen Thread, Big Shot, Naturally Serif Die, Xyron

No comments:

Post a Comment