Wednesday, December 29, 2010

You've Got Mail!


I needed something creative for Mom's gift cards.  I have it!  Off to search the alterables closet for...a Target mailbox!  Remember those things...$1.00 a piece...in bubble gum pink, white and red? 

Many crafters had issues with covering the box in patterened paper because of the permanent flag stuck to the box.  Usually, I left the front part where the flag was uncovered.  This time, and it's been a while since I've covered a mailbox, I had an idea.

Off to the punch storage drawer & out comes Stampin' Up!'s Word Window Punch.


I cut a 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper from My Minds Eye Be Merry Collection (Snowball Fun pattern) to 4" wide.  I dry fit the 4 x 12 piece to the mailbox.  I marked my spot and punched two times.


I applied sticky strip to all four sides.  Check out where the seam is...barely visable.


I grabbed my SU! 1 1/4" striped grosgrain.  I love this wide silky grosgrain ribbon.  I tied it up with a nice bow.  From the coordinating accessory sheet, I used a tag, which was attached with a safety pin from SU!'s Vintage Trinkets.  I love the trinkets, too! 


The lowly safety pin...elevated to embellishment status.  The same accessory sheet has another cool embellishment for the gift card mail box...

This one, I ran through my Xyron.

I was impressed with how cute the project turned out.  I do believe Mom liked the mail box and the contents. 

SUPPLIES
Paper: My Minds Eye Be Merry Collection
Accessories:  Coordinating Accessory Sheet, SU! Old Olive 1 1/4" Grosgrain, SU! Vintage Trinkets, Xyron, Sticky Strip, Word Window Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment