Friday, May 22, 2009

JLO Tutorial #01 - Creating Progressively

Got scrapper's block? I've found a cure...create a progressive page.

One of the easiest ways to scrap is to make a progressive page. You can even apply this to cardmaking!

It sounds hard, but the concept is really quite simple. If you've seen those little 6 x 6 scrapbooks...I mean...your picture is 3 1/2 x 5 or 4 x 6...the picture is going to take up most of the 6 x 6 page, right? Add some journaling and a few embellishments, maybe a strip of scrap paper & VIOLA! You have the beginnings of a progressive page.




Then take your 6 x 6 page and add it to an 8 1/2 x 11 page. I took my 6 x 6 panel and tilted it on a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of SU! Brushed Silver CS. I added a picture of the bike and a digital stamped image of Biker Brentwood.



Once your 8 1/2 x 11 page is completed, add it to a piece of 12 x 12 cardstock. The 12 x 12 paper is a grayish / tan I found in my stash. I attached a strip of Harley Davidson DP along the side and added the 8 1/2 x 11 page. I could stop here and call this page done.



However, I had two more pictures I wanted to use. I added these to the 12 x 12 section, layering the pictures under the 6 x 6 panel and the Biker Brentwood.



So, how do you apply progressive pages to cardmaking? Make an Artist Trading Card and then bump it up to a standard card. There's only so much you can put on the smaller versiou. Once you add the smaller version to the larger piece, you can add more elements.

Your challenge should you choose to accept it...is to create progressively.

Please leave a comment with a link to your project - scrapbook page or card. I would love to see your projects! If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword JLOTU01 (JessicaLynnOriginal Tutorial #01).

SUPPLIES:
Paper - unknown, Harley Davidson DP (EK Success), SU! Basic Black, SU! Brushed Silver, PTI White
Stamps - Jessica Lynn Original Biker Brentwood (digital)
Accessories - Harley Davidson stickers (EK Success), sticky strip, SU! Stampin Write Markers, At You Spica Glitter, silver Sharpie, SU! Stampin Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your page. I do 8 1/2 x 11 scrapbooks, but will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete