Monday, May 25, 2009

Heading for the Open Road

On DS 14th birthday (and that was last year), a friend brought over his Harley and gave DS a ride. DS was super excited. Jess (of Jessica Lynn Original) came out with this cool biker owl dude...Brentwood...on Thursday; DS had picked out some Harley papers & stickers one day at Micheal's...I knew I had all the ingredients for a perfect layout!

I used a favorite creative process (progressive page) to create Friday's page. For today's page, I wanted the DP to shine. I trimmed off half an inch on each side of the DP and mounted it to SU! textured black CS. I know...but at the time I laid out this page, I didn't have regular black. Oh DUH! I just had a light "bub" moment...my SU! order came on Friday, I could have changed out the paper BEFORE I put the page together on SATURDAY! (smacking forehead) LOL Oh well...too late to worry about THAT! I covered up all that texture; but ya know, the part that shows has this neat texture. LOL.



I really do like how I laid out the pictures. I took them from different angles and they are laid in a counter clockwise fashion. Here they are at the top, getting ready to take off. They go around me and turn towards the road...I have the pic of them in the yard. Then there they are on the road. They ride off...(they also ride off into the back of the page).

I love the titling. It's a combination of Tidy Alphabet and Harley Davidson sticker alpha letters. Tidy alphabet is stamped in SU! Basic Black craft ink on SU! Brushed Silver, and then embossed using SU! Black EP. They are attached with pop dots.


Here's Friday's page and today's page together.

Pretty cool, huh?


SUPPLIES:
Stamps - Biker Brentwood (JessicaLynnOriginal) digital stamp, SU! Tidy Alphabet
Paper - SU! Basic Black, SU! Brushed Silver, EK Success Harley Davidson, other 12 x 12 sheet - unknown
Ink - SU! Basic Black craft ink
Accessories - heat gun, pop dots, SU! Black embossing powder, corner rounder, sticky strip, EK Success Harley Davidson lettering & stickers, SU! Stampin Write Markers, SU! Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment