Monday, September 3, 2018

Birthday Boy #13 - Seriously Mixed

While looking through printed photos for a photo or two to scrap today, I found this picture from 2007.  It's a perfect photo.  It makes me smile.  It captures the pure joy of the moment!  We had just sang happy birthday and Phillip had just blown out the candles!  

I have been watching scrapbook process videos for inspiration.  It's interesting to watch this girl do mixed media on her scrapbook pages.  I thought I'd give it a whirl.  

I dug out two older Studio Calico scrapbook kits - Sonnet (11/16) and Young at Heart (08/16).  I knew I wanted to try some mixed media on the background, so once I had everything laid out, off it came!  On went the gesso and the Mr. Huey.  It really changed the feel of the page from CAS to (gasp!) messy.  LOL.  This is a little out of my box and not my usual scrapbooking style, which makes me unsure if I like this page or not.  There are certainly parts I love and parts that make me sigh.  But, it is what it is and hey!  You don't grow inside your box.  

May we all express such joy as Mom shows in this picture!  And yeah, love that kiddo!  

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a moo'valous day!

Supplies:
 - Paper & Accessories:  SC Sonnet SB Kit; SC Young at Heart SB Kit
 - Additional items:  gesso; Mr. Huey Double Yellow, Hot Diggity, Navy & Watercooler

No comments:

Post a Comment