Sunday, February 4, 2018

January - WOTY001 Quote Art

Do you choose a word to focus on each year?  This year I chose RISE.  This year I am also hosting the brand spanking new challenge on SCS called WOTY - Word Of The Year.  Each month, a challenge is posted, challenging you to do something crafty with your word.

January's challenge was to find a quote with your word and create "quote art".  


Creating the project - I die cut the letters from some old steel rule dies - nothing like today's thin single letters. LOL. That took a while. I knew I wanted something like lettering on brick walls. I had to decide how to make the brick wall - and how to provide the faux texture. Stamped SU! Weathered BG in gray on watercolor paper, sponged two opposite corners, distressed the edges and sponged again. Everything was attached with gloss gel medium. This was probably an 8 hour project - including all the planning.

Supply list - I'm fairly certain I used my entire craft room.  LOL.  Maybe not.  But it sure was fun.

Stamps: SU! Weathered BG
Paper: Watercolor paper; SU! Yo Yo Yellow, Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Midnight Blue, Classic Gray, Soft Suede
Paper Size: 24 x 36
Ink: SC Power Suit
Accessories: acrylic paint (Neutral Gray), distress tool, sponge, gloss gel medium, SU! Serif Essentials; SU! Bigz Alphabet Simple Letters
Techniques: distressing, die cutting

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a moo'valous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment