Thursday, February 19, 2015

MSM's amazing GLAZE - Ice Storm of 2009

We're snowed in with about 10" of snow and 10 - 15" snowdrifts, so I thought I would scrap the photos from the 2009 Ice Storm.  LOL.  I probably should be documenting the Big Snow and Deep Freeze of 2015.  We, in Kentucky, were in negative double digits - air temp - overnight.  At midday, it's warmed up to 4 degrees.  With a minus 8 windchill. OY!    

My scrappy mojo has been gone for a little while; I found it over the course of a few days looking at the scrapbooking challenges over on SCS.  Finally, last night, WHAM! it hit me!  whoo whoo!  The stashbusters challenge speaks to my counterfeit loving heart.  My stash is fairly current, so I found myself substituting for the older items we are challenged to use.  This is ok, as it's also in the spirit of stashbusters - use what you have - don't go out and buy it!

Here's the challenge:

1. Create a border of the oldest metallic accents you've got in your stash! You should use a minimum of 6 items but feel free to use more. These can be brads, eyelets, rivets, clips, or metallic words. You can also create a border around a photo, a journal block, or the entire page. 

2. Use at least 2 different ribbons. 

Here's my page:


WHAT I DID: I created a border using the SU! Tasteful Trim die - I love that die, I don't use it enough. I did not have any suitable metallics in my stash and I purged most of those types of embellishments long ago. My substitute was those chipboard circles from Studio Calico's Copper Mountain scrapbook kit and some mini clothes pins from my stash. These are things I don't usually reach for - I was happy to find a use for them.

I didn't have any ribbons that would look good with ice glazed farm equipment and corn fodder! So, looking into my stash for two similar use items, I found some black / white baker's twine and a roll of American Craft's silver glitter tape. I have several rolls of that glitter tape in various widths & colors. I like it; I need to use it. However, I don't want it on every. single. layout. I thought it provided a nice metallic pop along the border of the main photo.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a moo'valous day!


No comments:

Post a Comment