Monday, February 18, 2013

Welcome to Halloween Bash 2006

It feels soooo good...to be using my stash AND scrapping a stack of photos ALREADY printed!  :D  And of a fun fun time to boot!
 
Check it out.  This is the opening page of the Halloween Bash 2006 section of the Halloween Scrapbook.

 
I had fun with this.  This was the FIRST Halloween Bash we put on.  We had a blast. 
 
I was inspired by a VSN challenge...and I created a scrapbook page.  While it is not a card, it does fall within the VSBN time limit of a 2 hour page.  (The card limit is 45 minutes.  Stitch like mad...you can do it in 2 hours.  **wink**)

I used the SC Sunday Sketch for 02.17.13, pulling in pieces from my SU! stash, SC's Front Row SB kit, Popcorn SB Add-on and some SC shop items.

The spider web is stitched! I stamped on scratch paper and then paper pierced a pattern that I stitched in with DMC floss. This is BRIGHT IDEA #8 - String Art. (Bright Ideas is a class I'm taking @ Studio Calico this month.)  The spiders are stamped, colored and then covered with Cyrstal Effects.

My favorite part was using Prima Chalk ink on the naked chipboard letters! Those letters are retired SU! On Board Letters. The ink is Prima Chalk Edger in Branch Bark!  They look like chocolate letters...good enough to eat! 

I love veneer. Check out the veneer speech bubble and arrow from Freckled Fawn, geo-tags from Studio Calico and brackets from Sodalicious. 
 
Thanks for stopping by! 
 
Have a moo'valous day!

4 comments:

  1. Neat idea for the spider web. Great layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeek!! I love it , so much detail. Great idea on the web and the starless spiders. I know you had fun with this page and wow you used up a lot of goodies from the stash. Double wow!

    ReplyDelete