Thursday, August 11, 2011

Phillip @ 12

Just graduated from elementary school!  No not recently...but back in 2006.  I'm taking a trip back down the memory lane this week scrapping the annual formal pics of my son, Phillip.


Same layout, different papers, different photo, different look and feel.

This is a combination of DSP from SU! Ski Slope and Tall Tales.  I was pulling my colors from his necktie.  I didn't not want more black as a dominant color, nor did I want to compete with the red.  The tie has blue, soft yellow & brown as well as black with white stripes.  I chose the soft yellow and the chocolately brown.  I had no idea what to use for my third color.  Then I rememberd a DTGD challenge on SCS to "fall back on black".  As an accent, the black worked out well.

I decided to use SU! scallop trim border punch on the black strip to give it some punch.  LOL.


The focus of these pages is the formal picture.  All the pictures have a different feel and I liked the layout so much, so I chose to use the same layout for each picture.  I love digging through my DSP stash.  It feels GREAT to be using this stuff! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a moo'valous day!

2 comments:

  1. You're a brave one, scrapbooking all these memories! I always cry when I'm scrapbooking my little guys' past photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another nice looking memory of your son...and you will be finished before he graduates so you won't be frantic like many people I know! (I didn't scrap my kids)

    ReplyDelete