Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sew Fashionable

I think it looks like something from a posh dressing room.


Lots of things going on here!  It all started with...ahem...I have NO idea!  I'll start where I started.  With this tutorial from Michelle Zindorf!  The inks I sponged were Crumb Cake for the wall & River Rock for the floor.  Then I stamped the sewing dummy from Sew Suite in Basic Black.  Then there was the VSN Mash Up challenge..in reference to the show Glee (which I do not watch, I'm a NCIS, Criminal Minds, Mentalist type of gal!)...which is to make your own mash up by using two (or more) techniques on your card or project!

I decided to paper piece.  A new one for me!  I already sponged and masked!  Then I found a sketch....SCS SC220...and WAIT...there's the Flybaby challenge to use at least five colors on your card! 

I'm pleased with the card.  Remember the red buttons and the crystal effects mess...yep...that's the button!  I'm loving the Patterns Pack in the In Colors - this is a hostess item from the big catalog.  I love the Concord Crush!  It looks awesome with the Pretties Kit pearls and the Raven Lace.  I'll be mailing this one in a padded envelope!


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a moo-valous day!

SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Sew Suite
Paper: SU! In Color 6 x 6 Pattern Pack (Hostess), Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black, River Rock, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Pop dots, Pretties Kit, Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, Raven Black Lace, Black Satin Ribbon, Faux Button, Sponges, Post It Notes, Basic Gray Marker
Techniques: Paper Piecing, Masking, Sponging, Faux Button






1 comment:

  1. How fun is this! Love the masking and paper piecing, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete