Thursday, February 24, 2011

Project from 2008

My goodness...look what I found in blog post "drafts"!  This is a post I set up way back in June of 2008.  WOW!  I"m a bit speechless.  (poking eyeballs back in & closing mouth) 



I participated in a "spending challenge" in the SCS Flybaby Forums. Basically, the challenge was to go one month (May) without spending for any stamping related items. Fourteen participated in the challenge - each individual set goals. Mine was NO craft supply spending - that means no stamps, no embellishments, no ribbon, no designer paper. I did spend on storage, as I was organizing my craft supplies. Some individuals were very motivated in May to craft, craft, craft. Not me. :-( I guess I was too overwhelmed by the "mess". Here come June...and WOW. I still haven't spend anything on crafting supplies. (insert shocked eyeballs here!). I, as did some others, volunteered to send something to the May spending challenge participants. In keeping with the spirit of Flylady, I wanted to create something useful without spending any additional money. Take a look. It was all in a day's work. Really - it took eight hours to create all that stuff!




































One final picture of the whole schingding!



Flash forward to February 2011...I'm no longer overwhelmed by the "mess", cuz there isn't one.  And...NOPE...I didn't spend the last two years organizing my crafting supplies.  LOL  I don't think I did, but they are organized and I can find everything.  Maybe I just started shopping smarter.  Maybe it's a little of both.  YES, I do have craft 'plosions.  But I always clean up after a project.  Everything has a place and after I use it, make note of it, I put it back where it belongs.  Otherwise, I'd never find it again...even if it flew up and hit me in the face!  LOL.  I hope you enjoyed looking at the projects as much as I did!  Wow...what a nice trip down the crafting memory lane.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a moo-valous day!


1 comment:

  1. Those are A+ in projects...and so good to read about how you have noticed a difference and it wasn't painful. Great success.

    ReplyDelete