Sunday, August 8, 2010

Playing with New SU! Goodies!

My order of new SU! goodies arrived Wednesday.  But, I had to work...so I couldn't play until this weekend!

Lookie...


...out of my comfort zone...not my usual...but sure is purty!  It used lots of new goodies that arrived and a couple of things from my stash.  I'm loving the coloring of the "scroll work" on the main image.  It looks so different having been colored.  I used the new SU! Tasteful Trims die...AWESOME die!  It can make 12" trims...scallops, zig zags, ric rac...oh my!  And I'll be able to cut fabric, felt, cork, wood sheets...the list is long...I'm going to make lotsa scrapbook page trims!  I ruffled some Raven 1/2" lace from the SU! Holiday Mini on top of the taseful trim die cut, then attached slim SU! Black Taffeta ribbon with an SU! Vintage Trinket safety pin!  I'm loving that embellishment!  Love those safety pins.  How cool!

Here's the inside of my card.  I'm going to try to keep embellishing the inside of the cards AND the envelope...after all, they ARE works of art!


For the inside, I used Artistic Etchings...kissed the bird.  Really...inked it up with More Mustard, stamped it on the medallion stamp from Artistic Etchings, stamped off on scrap paper and then stamped on the cardstock!  The brads are from the same SU! Vintage Trinkets package as the safety pin. 

I made FOUR of these...so FOUR lucky people will get getting a card from me...just because.

SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Notably Ornate, Artistic Etchings
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, More Mustard
Ink: Basic Black, More Mustard, Basic Gray
Accessories: SU! More Mustard Stampin' Write Marker, SU! Pretties Kit Flat Backed Pearls, SU! Glue Dots, SU! Modern Label Punch, SU! Small Oval Punch, SU! Stampin' Dimensionals, SU! Bigz XL Tasetful Trim Die, Sticky Strip,. SU! Big Shot, Cuttlebug Swirls, SU! Top Notes Die, SU! Raven 1/2" Lace, SU! 1/8" Black Taffeta Ribbon, SU! Vintage Trinkets, Mono Multi, SU! Photo Corner Punch 

1 comment:

  1. Lovly cards, especially the top one.
    (mydakota from SCS)
    www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete