Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Inside the Historic State Theatre

As I mentioned yesterday, the State Theatre had undergone years of renovation and it was finally completed. The grand re-opening was Mother's Day 2009. Here's a peek inside.


When they were working in the theatre, they uncovered murals. Flanking the stage are two murals featuring a Greek goddess holding the mask of tragedy and on the other side, the mask of comedy. On each side wall of the auditorium is what looks like a giant movie reel, decorated with flourishes. The ceiling is striped in various shades of green and burgundy. The motifs from the walls are repeated in relief at intervals in two rows down the ceiling

The layout is inspired by a Sally Sketch - SBSC 191. Cardstock colors are SU! Baha Breeze, Night of Navy and Really Rust. I punched the Night of Navy with the SU! Spiral Punch. My intention was to mimic a strip of film.

My favorite part of this layout are the flourishes at the top! I traced the negative left from some Tim Holtz grungeboard flourishes with an SU! Night of Navy Stampin' Write Marker and filled it in. I accented certain areas of the flourish with a white gel pen. The flourishes mimic the flourishes on the wals inside the auditorium.

Titling is SU! Night of Navy craft ink stamped on PTI White. Lettering is attached with pop dots.

Here are yesterday's and today's pages together.

There's so much more to tell about the State. I have one more picture and there's a couple more pictures I want to take and include in additional pages on the State Theatre. It was a wonderful part of my life as I grew up and the history of the theatre is rich. I love history.

SUPPLIES:
Sketches - Movies at the State (left) 52sketches52weeks Sketch #6; Inside the Historic State Theatre (right) Sally Sketch SBSC191
Paper - Making Memories, SU! Urban Garden, SU! Not Quite Navy, SU! Baja Breeze, SU! Really Rust, PTI White
Stamps - Tidy Alphaget
Ink - Night of Navy craft
Accessories - Swarvoski Crystals, glue dots, K & Company rub-ons, Basic Grey rub-on tool, sticky strip, SU! Stampin' Dimensionals, SU! Scallop Border Punch, corner rounder, SU! Sprial Punch, pop dots

3 comments:

  1. Great page again! Looks like a very cool place to go! Love all of your vibrant colors! They match the pics perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flourishes are perfect for this page. Great job. I'd love to come and see this place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Great pics and great layouts. What great memories. I love your designs. Too Cute!

    ReplyDelete