Monday, January 14, 2008

Pocket Hearts

I saw today's Try A New Technique (TLC151) challenge on SCS and WOW! Make a pocket heart. The samples were gorgeous. Of course, I had to go to work...so I could not create then. I did, however, manage to print out the template & cut that out. After a busy day at work, I arrived home, with supper on my mind. We had just brought home a fresh beef on Monday, so I was thinking hamburgers & french fries. It has been a long time since I've fixed hamburger patties. Boy - they were delicious. Jerry, they gentleman who prepared our beef, really knows how to fix hamburger patties. They were the best.

After having a delicious supper of hamburger & french fries, I created my pocket heart card. This was a FUN project.



I pulled out SU!'s retired Loves Me DP. I traced the template & cut it out. After scoring and folding, I grabbed my tool kit and mat pack. I stuck the mat inside the heart & punched a hole. I layered two teal Prima Sprites, a hot pink Prima flower and a pink rhinestone brad from SU!'s Fire Circle collection. I wanted to mat the heart, and was having NO luck trimming out the circle part of the heart. So I grabbed my mega scallop circle punch and punched two Taken with Teal circles and used them to mat the heart. I used SU! Chocolate Satin Ribbon and Close to Cocoa grosgrain ribbon in the lower corner. I used my corner rounder to create the scallop strip at the top. I used my small rectangle punch to punch two holes for the ribbon. One ribbon is a sheer twinkling pink; the second is SU! Pretty in Pink Taffeta. The sheer ribbon is twisted and attached behind the prima with glue dots. I mounted the pocket heart on pop dots.

Here's a close up view.



I love this card. It's too pretty for an envelope!

On another note, the primas were from a Wish RAK exchange, the taffeta ribbon from a SU! Team share and the rhinestone brads were a prize I won for the SU! Team card swap. Each time we meet, we do a card swap & vote for our favorites. It was my first time participating in the swap & I was flattered they chose my Dare 2 B Baroque card as their favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment