Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Double Challenge

I've been wrestling with BillyBootBella. I wished for this image in the SCS Wish RAK forum. My wish was granted. I love this image; however, I just don't feel like I've gotten a decent card made using this image. For this project, I used SC158 - make a kickstand card.


I'm fairly pleased with how this turned out. I used SU's River Rock as a card base, layered Basic Grey Figgy Pudding on SU's Close to Cocoa. The corners were notched with the notch punch. The main image was colored with Copic Markers. The raindrops are from MFT's Rain or Shine and they are stamped in Bashful Blue. The image was trimmed and matted on Soft Sky and Close to Cocoa. On the inside, I used my corner rounder to make scallops on a strip of another pattern from Figgy Pudding. The River Rock double stitched grosgrain I received in a ribbon swap with my local SU Team. I attached the ribbon around the card with sticky strip, but before I adhered the ribbon to the card, I attached a small piece of ribbon. After adhering the larger piece of ribbon to the card, I then tied the small piece into a knot. That seemed to work better for me than to tie the ribbon around the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment