Friday, September 20, 2013

Happy Halloween

I have been blessed with a lovely case of bronchitis.  I'm hoping I'm on the mend because my mojo appeared!  I want to play with Halloween goodies...I mean...make Halloween cards.  So...feeling halfway decent today, after work I went to Michael's.  I picked up some chalkboard paint and a lovely 6 x 6 pad of MAMBI Halloween paper!  I have oodles of 12 x 12 Halloween paper, but that's for scrapbooking only.  **wink wink**   I had no 6 x 6 pads of Halloween paper.  **gasp**  It made perfect sense that I pick up more Halloween paper in the 6 x 6 size.  The scale of the pattern in the 6 x 6 pad is perfect for making cute cards, right?
 

Being sick, I missed the deadline for the yellow, orange & khaki color combo.  I'm still gonna do my idea.  I disgress.

This is AMMCC8 and SC454

The colors...


...and the sketch.
 
 
Now that proper introductions have been made, let's get acquainted.
 

 
The mixed media portion is the main panel.  I painted the top with a chalkboard paint!  I love it!  Two coats...one horizontal, let it dry; then one vertical, let THAT dry.  I stamped the greeting with Versamark & white pigment ink (SU! Whisper White craft ink), dumped on white embossing powder (SU! Winter White) and blasted it with the heat gun. 
 
See those CUTE Halloween wood veneers?  From Studio Calico Licorice add-on for the Double Scoop SB kit.  I love them.  I also love that black candy stripe washi from Freckled Fawn that was in the Licorice kit as well.  The glitter cat is from my stash.  He has some companions...I plan on using them in a few more projects! 
 
Wanna see the inside?
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a moo'valous day!
 

4 comments:

  1. What a terrific spooktacular card! Hope you feel better! Thanks for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's not to like about this card. Melissa you are doing prize winning work. This one needs to be submitted somewhere for publication. CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That washi tape looks so FAB on your Halloween card! LOVE the chalkboard paint and glittery cat, too! THX for playing with us at A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun Halloween creation! love the colors and patterns on this!

    ReplyDelete