Monday, August 8, 2011

Phillip is FIVE!

I'm getting up my courage to scrap all those formal 8 x 10 pictures from each birthday!  Here's number FIVE!


I've now created the first page for his baby book.  LOL.  It wasn't too bad.  I used glue dots to adhere the picture to a Night of Navy mat and then double matted with Early Expresso.  I love how the Early Expresso brings out his dark brown sparkling eyes.

This layout was scraplifted from a page by Mary Larson as shown in Creating Keepsakes, a treasury of favorites.  I die cut the title from SU!'s Simple Letters Alphabet.  There might be journaling in the blank Soft Suede section under the title...then again, there might not. 

It's very clean & simple.  I wanted to make the photo the focal point of the page...as it was the whole point of the page.  LOL. 

It feels good to be starting on this.  I've thought about it for a long time.  I want to look at these & enjoy these when I'm in the  mood, not look at the box they are stored in. 

Well...thanks for stopping by!  Have a moo'valous day!

1 comment: