Saturday, July 9, 2011

Grid Lines for SU! Clear Blocks

Yippee!  My SU! order arrived tonight...included was the new grid line templates to add to the clear blocks.


My initial thought was how heck do I get these on the block STRAIGHT?!  Oh boy. 

Then it hit me...SU! grid line paper!  Line the block up in the corner...



Peel off the...whatcha call it...well...cling vinyl.  Line up one line on the vinyl with a line you can see through the block.  You gotta stand up...and hover over the block.  Then just lay the vinyl over the block...it smoothes right out.  Use the same technique you use to stamp clear stamps using clear blocks.  The cling vinyl grid line template doesn't have to be perfectly in the center of the block; but it should be straight in relation to the edge of the block.  I had some overlap in the larger clear block, but the cling vinyl clings really well and it smoothes right over.  I cleaned the side of the block I was adding the vinyl to and I will use the other side for stamps. 

I only did two blocks - I use these two most at the moment.  The others, I will add if I must have a need for grid lines on a different sized block.  Not a big deal because I thought it was really simple & quick to add the grid line templates.  They remove cleanly and go right back on the sheet (for storage).  They come in a zip top bag with a piece of sturdy cardboard.  I'm impressed.  I like them because I can remove them if I don't need them; put them back on quickly if I do.

Well, that was just one thing...I have some other things in the order...things for my son's baby book and for those...ahem...onesies.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a moo'valous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment