Monday, June 27, 2011

PTI Order

I'm an SU! gal.  I spent quite a bit of time debating my purchase...but I need sentiments for inside my cards AND I need to get cracking on baby stuff.  Since my niece is gonna have a boy in August and we're all going baby, I figured this would be a good time to do my son's baby book, too.  LOL 


Uh...no...the cat didn't arrive from PTI.  I was trying to photograph my order and... I gotta give my cat some attention.   


Three stamp sets...


...two dies and two ink spots.  These are the first dies I've had from PTI.  Interesting.  Very compact, thin, space saving and probably, easy to loose.  eek.  I hope not...easy to loose, that is.

PTI sets come with a jewel case to store the sets.  I tried to use them...but one set was simply too big and I could not see what I had...too confusing to read a clear sticker and have clear stamps.  eek.

So...I used a SU! stamp case.  On these two, I used the PTI labels.  I put the labels on brown copy paper cut to insert size.  I used brown paper, so I can immediately pick out SU! and PTI sets when I open my stamp drawer.



On the third one, there were two labels.  I decided to stamp the sentiments and not use the stickers.

 
Here's the inside:


Those particular three images didn't stamp fully because of the bump on the back, the CS label I cut from the belly band that was on the original packaging.  So I stamped those on white CS, trimmed them and then run them through Xyron. 


TIP:  I traced around each image with the paper piercer.  Why?  Sometimes I get more sticky than I want...glue strigs and stragglers on the edges of the images that I don't want.  I discovered if I traced the image with a sharp instrument, there are no exposed sticky stuff.




I'm loving this...the sentiments are in the same order as they are stamped on the cover.  I can actually read the sentiment stamps through the cover, especially since they have been inked up.

Here's the SMASHing idea book page for this stamp set:


I'm glad I stamped the sentiments...cuz I have a better idea of what I have. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a moo'valous day.

2 comments:

  1. OOO, I can't wait to place a PTI order...but not yet. I usually save up all summer and when the kiddos go back to school and the garden dies down, I start ordering!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy. PTI is one of my favorite stamp companies right now! Love their dies! That onesie sure is cute!! :) I like the idea for storing the PTI sets. Sometimes I too find myself a bit frustrated with the CD cases they come in. Not enough so to change my storage method...yet. :)

    ReplyDelete