Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Butterfly Shabby Chic

I decided to try a new style.  Shabby chic.  Me, the neat nic...shabby chic.  But, after it's all said & done...you can see the cripsness...I think I like the freedom.

This project consists of 11 cards...mass produced...Michelle Wooderson style.  ;-)

I cut & scored 10 card bases...added the 11th later...using PTI White.   

I wanted to use DSP I purchased on SU! pre-order, specifically, the Flirtatious Specialty DP from Stampin' Up! to be available in the new IB&C.  The colors are Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Pretty in Pink and Wisteria Wonder.  I think there's some Daffodil Delight in as well.  There are two laser cut sheets of doilies.  I cut these apart to create 16 individual doilies.   I was go glad to have my new sharp SU! Paper Snips for this job!


It took a while; but, it sure is pretty.  :-D  I took a much needed break after this.  ;-)

I decided to do something easy, cut the main DP panels.  These are 4 x 4 squares, with rounded corners.


I have discovered that I love making my own embellishments!  I die cut butterflies, layered them and machine stitched; then added buttons.


Have you sewed on your cards or scrapbook pages?  This is the first time I have ever sewed on paper.  I LOVE IT!  OMGoodness!  I love it!  I think because I have gotten my craft room arranged & decluttered where I can just grab the machine & go!  I have a Janome Sew Mini I use to sew on paper. 


I decorated the butterflies with buttons sewed on with the new SU! Baker's Twine.  OMGosh!  I love the baker's twine.  It's wonderful!  I wish I had left the threads long at the top of all the butterflies, but I did on the larger ones & you can see that I stitched it.  On the smaller ones...ahem...the button covers the stitching.  LOL  Oh well...you can still see if it you look closely and I sure had fun stitching!  The buttons are from Stampin' Up! Designer Buttons Sherbet.


Here's another one:


Next, I STAMPED!  Yes, I stamped.  I stamped (have I said that already?) I stamped a sentiment on a strip of Flirtatious DP and then embellished the strip with...ahem..."scraps" I die cut from the whole sheets of Flirtations DP.  I'm positive y'all have double fainted already. 

Yes, I made "scraps".  LOL  Die cut with the wonderful Tasteful Trims Bigz XL Die.  I chose two styles from the die - the large ric rac and the scallop border.  Then I cut the die cut pieces up into little pieces.  :-)

I sewed the "scraps" to the sentiment strip!  Like so:





All the ingredients:


Tomorrow, the fun begins.  I put all this together & make cards!




2 comments:

  1. How fun is this!! Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Melissa! You put in a lot of work and it shows! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete