It all started because of a stamp release and the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog ...
A fellow flybaby has participated in a counterfeit kit challenge and posted about it on her blog. The next day, I fell in love with a button card die and a button stamp set, new releases from an online stamp company. I put the two together & this is what happened!
...created exclusively with SU! materials. I talked myself out of purchasing a button card die. The conversation went something like this: I don't need a DIE to cut out a rectangle - I'll use my paper cutter. A hang tag...hmmm...punch a hole. But the stamp set had button card designs...wait a minute...the Sew Suite stamp set has one...only one...but hey...maybe I only need one. I need that small pattern stamp set to make that cool insert...do I have small patterns...yep...in the Sweet Stitches DSP and the Designer Series Paper Patterns In Color (Hostess) collection. Oh boy! Cannot wait to get home to create! I arrive home and hide out in the office. Order in Pizza for the family. ;-) Did I shut the office door! Yep. A couple of hours later...eight button packets and not a cent more spent!
The thought that ran through my head as I was doing this...I don't like to sew buttons...ok...I procrastinate sewing buttons on clothing...I have a shirt I want to wear, but I've got to look for the replacement button and sew it on. I don't want to...gotta find the button, gotta thread the needle..ugh. Now, here I am sitting here sewing buttons on paper...oh good grief!
I did this project in batches - mass production mode. I made eight total. Two of each. Above, I used a paper piercer then sewed on the buttons with SU! Silver Cord. Back in the 80's and prior, buttons were attached to button cards with silver staples. Here's the back of the card.
It's also a throwback to those that had buttons attached with a stiff white cord...they were crisscrossed in the back. The button cards were also glossy. These in the project were cut from SU! Glossy White CS and stamped wtih Stazon Jet Black.
Here's the first one AND I made a mistake. No way I was gonna take those buttons off and redo it! This card should have had the Melon Mambo buttons, but hey...Chocolate works, too!
Daffodil Delight...Daffodil...like Daffy Duck.
Nah...let's Melon Mambo!
Now this, Chocolate Chip, looks like a Valentine York Peppermint Patty.
I'm planning to use these as embellishments for cards or as tags. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed the projects and are inspired to look at what you already have when you are tempted to purchase something new. Have moo-valous day!
PAPER: SU! Glossy White, SU! In Color DSP Patterns Pack (Hostess), Sweet Stitches DSP
INK: Stazon Jet Black
STAMPS: Sew Suite
ACCESSORIES: Sweet Stitches Big Designer Buttons, SU! Silver Cord, Paper Cutter, Corner Rounder, Sticky Strip, hole punch (school supply), Paper Piercer, Piercing Mat