Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Run for the Water - Revisited

I just had to dress this page up!

What page? This page.

I tried the matchy matchy thing and was not happy with it. So, I gave the coordinating thing a try. AND dressed up the page.

This what I came up with...

I used my SU! Big Shot and Top Notes Die to create a journaling block. Journaling is done on strips of distressed and edge inked So Saffron cardstock. The primas and brads are from my stash. I changed out the pink buttons for cream buttons. I stamped my title using SU! Taken with Teal Classic Ink and SU! retired Tidy Alphabet; ran through Xyron and attached. Felt flower was in the Stampin Flybabies Spring 2009 craft kit as was the designer paper.

With this revised page, I was able to use the title I originally wished to use.

What lesson did I learn? Coordinating is definitely better than matchy-matchy. I do like the simplicity of the first version, but not the not so matchy-matchy pink color in the title.

SUPPLIES:
Paper - Making Memories Flower Patch, SU! So Saffron
Ink - Taken with Teal
Stamps - Tidy Alphabet
Accessories - SU! Big Shot, Top Notes Die, Making Memories Flower Patch Collection buttons and felt flowers; brads, Prima flowers, Making Memories distresser, Xyron

1 comment:

  1. Hey There,
    I was just thinking I hadn't stopped by here for a while. Shame on me. I love your layout and I always love your pics. I'm a country girl at heart! Super cute page!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete