Saturday, May 2, 2009

Derby Inspired Layout

The 135th Kentucky Derby...the Run for the Roses. There really is a blanket of roses they drape on the winning horse! I think the blanket of roses is so cool and amazing...all that beautiful handiwork and craftsmanship.

I love roses. During the summer, DH will go cut some roses and bring them in for me. He will stick them in empty Coca Cola cans, vases...or he'll just pop in the office and whip out a rose from behind his back. He's a keeper.

Last summer, I took some pictures of these roses. I used these pictures and created simple photo cards. I used rub-ons to say "Thinking of You"..."Thank You"....things like that. That's Mom's Mother's Day present. (wink)

I love these pictures...so I decided to enjoy them more by scrapping them!

So here's my Derby Inspired project...


I haven't decided on a title yet, but when I do...it's gotta fit in that blank So Saffron space. I love the effect of rub-ons on photos.


Here's close up of Brentwood...I used white gel pen to highlight the letters on his shirt. He is popped up on dimensionals.

I really do like this striped paper from a retired SU! Simply Scrappin' Kit named Friends and Flowers. I finally get to use some So Saffron Twill I purchased during SAB.


I added a hat pin from the SU! Pretties Kit to the knot in the ribbon. I love the hat pins...another Derby inspiration item.

This was the unexpected part of the layout...I was planning to use a rose I had die cut. I saw the negative sitting on my desk and it looked so striking against that striped paper. That is popped up with dimensionals.

There was definitely a crafsplosion during the creation of this layout!

Supply List
Paper: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, PTI White, Designer Paper is from SU! Friends & Flowers Simply Scrappin’ Kit
Stamps: JLO Brentwood Digi Stamp
Accessories: Sticky Die Cuts from Friends & Flowers Simply Scrappin’ Kit, So Saffron Twill, Certainly Celery Twill, Staples, Sizzix, Sizzix Rose Die, SU! Scallop Border Punch, SU! Pretties Kit, Glue Dots, SU! Stampin Write Markers (Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Bordering Blue); Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Love & Happiness Rub-Ons, Basic Grey Rub-On tool, Sticky Strip

1 comment:

  1. What a neat layout!! Wonderful job! And wow, I've never tried rub-ons on photos, what a stunning look!

    ReplyDelete