Friday, July 4, 2008

Danny and the Dinosaur

This my favorite story. Danny and the Dinosaur. Mom said we read that story so much, I had it memorized! While I do not have my original copy of the book, when my son was in elementary school, I picked up a copy at the Book Fair. I still read it ocassionally. It give me this warm cozy feeling. My son, on the other hand, runs from the room with his ears covered. (shrug)





I created this card for ND Stamper's July 4th Challenge over in SCS's Wish RAK Forum. We were to create a masculine birthday card using SC182.

Card base is Chocolate Chip. I selected three patterns from my Basic Grey 6 x 6 Archaic pad. I have the 12 x 12 pad, too. (wink, wink) Using SU!'s 1 3/8 punch to punch out three of each design. Run those through Xyron and attached.

Focal image is a Rub-On from the Archaic collection, on Paper Trey White, matted on Not Quite Navy and Chocolate Chip, attached with dimensionals.

The twine I received from Wish RAK; the beads, I inherited from a completed Cub Scout Project (from one young fella to another young fella - how cool is that?) The sentiment is yet another rub-on and is quite B R I G H T! It's from SU!'s A Perfect Day Collection.

I used my nifty Basic Grey Rub-On Tool for this project.

All cards created during Wish RAK's July 4 Challenges will be donated to the troops. Wish RAK's goal is 1,000 cards! I sure hope this card makes one little boy smile!

Supply List:
Stamps: None
Paper: Chocolate, Basic Grey Archaic, Not Quite Navy, Paper Trey White
Ink: None
Accessories: Twine, Pony Beads, Rub-Ons, Rub-On tool, dimensionals, Xyron, 1 3/8" square punch
Techniques: Punch, Rub-On

3 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa!!! I totally remember Danny & The Dinosaur!! I LOVED that book!!!! And I read it to my kiddos too a ton!!! What a great card in tribute to a wonderful childhood memory!!! I'll be jumping in some of the WishRAK challenges tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. I loved Danny and The Dinosaur as well. We all wanted to ride on a dinosaur like Danny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is sooooo cute!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete