Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sparkly Chipboard

I am thinking about ordering some of the sticky chipboard letters/numbers and the new chunky glitter from the new SU! Spring/Summer Collection. I did see a sneak peak from the Spring Mini (Inspiration) that shows even more chunky glitter in four other colors!

I’m piddling around tonight. I took a small SU! chipboard heart and traced the shape on a sticky sheet with an X-acto knife. After adhering the sticky sheet to the chipboard & removing the red liner, I dumped some white glitter on the tape. Ugh! Sparkly cardboard color was not what I had in mind. I think I should have put some color on the chipboard before I put the sticky sheet and WHITE glitter on. But I was lazy…I didn’t want to plug up the heat gun to dry the craft ink that I would have had to use to color the chipboard. I wanted to use red glitter, but I had used all my red glitter for another project previously.

In an attempt to add some color, I sprayed the sparkly cardboard with Snowflake Glimmer Mist - this is a blue color. At the moment, it's partially dry, with a slight blue tint. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Since the new sticky chipboard letters come with red liner sticky tape, I’m sure they will be cardboard colored. I’ll try it with colored glitter next time! (wink)

No comments:

Post a Comment