These are thing I have found work for me and things I'd like to remember to try.
Things that work for me:
- Roll brayer on scrap paper first to lighten the color.
- Use a torn paper mask for each layer - keeps from getting the straight line; it's hard to blend out that straight line.
- Use a sponge to blend colors - using the darker color of the layer above, sponge that color onto the lighter color to blend the "line". Repeat with the next color and layer. I use the yellow sponge from SU!, cut into quarters.
- Let the project "set". It WILL look better in the morning.
Things to try:
- Use glossy paper.
- Use cosmetic sponge. This is a denser sponge than the yellow SU! sponge.
- Use spectrum / rainbow ink pads. I have two on order...if they would just get here!
Some color combos to try:
- Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Not Quite Navy (tried this - love it)
- Barely Banana, Groovy Guava, Ruby Red
I'd really love some more color combos to try!